The Third National Step UP! Bystander Intervention Program Facilitator Training
Would you like to minimize problems and create a safe and healthy community on your campus? Problems are preventable with bystander intervention! Learn why hundreds of colleges, universities, high schools, and other organizations are using Step UP! – the award-winning program that teaches students how to intervene in problematic situations.
This intensive two-day training held on the campus of the University of California, Irvine will show attendees how to create a sustainable and powerful bystander intervention program on their campus.
We all have a responsibility to Step UP! when we notice a problem. Step UP! is a proven, research based training program and curriculum that has won national acclaim (NASPA Gold) and been mentioned in articles in, among others, The Washington Post, on ESPN.com and featured in NCAA Champion magazine. Many schools have adopted it campus wide including the University of Arizona, University of Virginia, UC Riverside, UC Irvine, Chico State, San Diego State, NYU, and hundreds more!
Registration for the Step UP! Bystander Intervention Program Facilitator Training being held May 16 and 17 at the UC, Irvine campus is now closed as we’ve reached the maximum limit and will not be able to move anyone from the wait list into the current registration list. Our sincere apologies. Thank you.
Why Should You Attend?
Attendees at the Step UP! Facilitator Training will learn to:
- Facilitate Step UP! group training.
- Apply the proven research, concepts and theories behind Step UP! including the 5 Decision Making Steps and Perspective Taking
- Address the barriers to helping and teach skills and strategies for effective intervention including the SEE Model (Safe; Early; Effective).
- Apply the skills to real life scenarios.
- Engage today’s students using interactive techniques
- Maximize effectiveness through best practices and lessons learned!
- All Step UP! program materials are available at no cost at www.stepupprogram.org
Radisson Hotel Newport Beach
4545 MacArthur Boulevard • Newport Beach, California 92660
A block of rooms at $139/night for single/double is being held under “2016 Step UP! Training”.
The training itself is held on the University of California, Irvine campus.
About the Step UP! Program
Have you ever been concerned about a situation and wanted to help… but didn’t? You’re not alone.
This situation is more common than you might think, and is known as the bystander effect. Step UP! is a proven research and evidence based program. Winner of the NASPA Gold Award, see why hundreds of schools are now using Step UP!
To find out more about Step UP! please go to www.stepupprogram.org.